Committed Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Glendale, CA
Our Los Angeles County motorcycle accident lawyers know that Californians enjoy riding motorcycles leisurely and, for some, as a primary mode of transportation. With the year-round warm weather and perfect conditions for motorcycle riding consistently available, the State of California Department of Motor Vehicles lists over 881,000 registered motorcycles, an ownership quantity that outweighs every other state by more than 250,000. Unfortunately, more motorcycles mean more motorcycle accidents, and if you have been injured in one of these traffic collisions, we want to help you hold the negligent party who caused your injuries accountable.
At the Law Offices of Weber & Weber, our Glendale, CA auto accident attorneys and motorcycle accident attorneys have represented injured victims for more than 20 years, collecting more than $20 million in settlements and jury verdicts for our clients, allowing them to pursue the best medical care available while taking the time away from work that they need to heal.
Motorcycle Accident Statistics in Glendale, California, and Throughout the United States
To get the whole picture of the frequency and severity of motorcycle accidents in Glendale, CA, it is important to understand the statistics on a local, state, and national level.
Our Glendale motorcycle accident attorneys continually research the informative laws that affect our community, and fellow Californians, as well as what is happening around the country, so we can provide the best representation possible for our clients. We seek solutions to every motorcycle accident case we take, and the results must make our clients whole again.
The U.S. Department of Transportation collects and distributes motorcycle accident statistics for the United States, and last year their records show:
- 5,286 motorcyclists were killed in accidents; a 5.1% increase from the previous year
- 94% were riders and 6% passengers
- Per vehicle miles traveled, motorcycle fatalities occurred approximately 28 times more frequently that passenger car occupant deaths
- 93% of all motorcycle fatalities occurred on a two-wheeled motorcycle
- 14% of all traffic fatalities accounted for last year were motorcyclists
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration lists that last year in California there were:
- 548 motorcycle accident fatalities
The California Office of Traffic Safety reports that last year in Glendale, CA there were:
- 1,150 traffic-related crash injuries and fatalities
- Of that number, motorcycle accidents accounted for 44 injuries and deaths
Common Injuries Associated with Motorcycle Accidents in Glendale, CA
The California Legislature composed the California Vehicle Code Law requiring motorcycle drivers and passengers to wear helmets while riding. This law has saved many lives, and its underlying, supportive safety measures are equally as important to the health of riders throughout the state.
Unfortunately, even with helmets in use, motorcycle accidents can lead to severe injuries because of the rider’s lack of protection. Passenger vehicle occupants have seatbelts, airbags, and the safety of riding in an enclosed vehicle, while motorcyclists are vulnerable and protected only by a helmet and the clothing the rider or passenger is wearing.
Common injuries associated with motorcycle accidents in Glendale, CA include:
- Road rash, or cuts, scrapes, and bruises from contact with the pavement
- Broken bones and facial fractures
- Head injuries, including Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Neck and spine injuries
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Internal bleeding, and organ damage
- Loss of mobility
- Loss of limbs
- Wrongful death
How Can the Law Offices of Weber & Weber Help You Recover from a Motorcycle Accident?
The Glendale, CA personal injury law firm motorcycle accident attorneys at the Law Offices of Weber & Weber partners with each of our injured clients to understand their true needs, and what the negligent party who caused their crash has taken from them.
Each motorcycle accident is different, and the rider’s requirements to move forward are unique. The financial settlement we pursue will be designed around your real-time needs, and focus on full recovery, whether that means medical care for broken bones or a lifetime of care for more severe injuries.
Our financial recovery measures will include:
- Lost income or benefits resulting from your inability to work
- Medical care immediately after the accident, and any follow-up care, including long-term needs or specialist visits
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation sessions
- Prescription and medical device rentals or purchases
- Miscellaneous out-of-pocket expenses
- Short- and long-term disability
- Partial or full disability
Our Glendale motorcycle accident attorneys will fully evaluate your medical needs and financial requirements prior to outlining our demands from the person who caused your injury. We will communicate directly with their insurance company representatives to ensure the best outcome for your case in honored.
Contact Our Accomplished Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Glendale, CA Today
If you have been hurt in a motorcycle accident, contact our experienced Glendale motorcycle accident attorneys and truck accident lawyers at the Law Offices of Weber & Weber in Glendale, CA today at (818) 502-9200 to schedule a free consultation. Once we know the details of your case, we will aggressively pursue the negligent person who caused your injuries and hold them financially responsible for your medical care and overall well-being.